Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sleeping Troubles

Okay moms out there, I need some help! I've been using a boppy for Peyton to sleep in. He has now outgrown the boppy, and I need to find a new way for him to sleep. But every position I put him in he wakes up. He is also waking up every 45 minutes between 3 and 6 in the morning even though he has a full stomach. I've read everything I could get my hands on and haven't had any luck. If you have any suggestions that could help I would truly appreciate it! Please Help!!!

3 comments:

  1. Swaddling...Really tight. They won't like it at first, but they'll realize, it feels safe and secure (like the boppy did). I swaddled both of my babies 'til they were 4 or 5 months and it worked miracles and they slept through the night. It may or may not work for you, but it's worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you know, I also swaddle. Ben is almost 8 months old and is still half way swaddled at nights. I know it is hard, but you just have to keep giving him his binky and putting him back down, even if it is every few minutes. It is soooo hard and you lose a lot of sleep, but it will pay off. Good luck! Call me if you need some more help. (not that I will know what to do, but I'm sleep deprived too, so I might as well have a buddy Ha Ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tough times! He probably felt like he was being held in the boppy, so now he's getting used to sleeping by himself. Like the others said, swaddling sounds like a good idea. The other thing to keep in mind is that it will probably take a while to get him used to the new arrangement, so just be consistent and keep putting him back in bed. Zach's done the same thing before and we just kept getting him comfortable and putting him back in his bed every 20 minutes or so. It was rough, but after a few weeks he was used to it and did better. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete