Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools

Happy April fool's day everyone! I have a funny story for you. Last year I was working at the local grocery store as a night manager. I was working one night a few days after april fool's day with my good friend who was also a night manager and she told me this story that she found very disturbing. She said that she had read in the Park Record (the local Park City paper) that there was a couple who had been arrested for cannibalism. They had apparently been snowed in all winter and had run out of food. So to survive they started killing and eating members of their staff. Once all their staff was gone they moved on to the mailman and anyone who came to their home. Once the snow finally melted they had come forward with what they had done. The weird thing was though, is that at the end of the article it said that no charges had been made against this couple. The whole time my friend was telling me this with a look of disgust and pure disbelief. She just couldn't fathom that people would do that sort of thing, and on top of that the couple wasn't being charged with all those murders! At first I believed her, and then I realized the date and asked her when the paper had come out, and she said a few days ago. That's when I started laughing hysterically. I then told her that every year for April Fool's Day the Park Record puts in an article that is completely false. She was so embarrassed that she had gone those few days believing that story. Her face was so red, and I thought I was going to pee my pants!! Anyway, I thought that was a pretty funny story and just wanted to share that with you! I hope you have a great April Fool's Day and that you can have a good laugh today.

1 comment: